Thursday 6 March 2014

Micro Bead Hair Extensions

What are Microbead Hair Extensions?

Microbead also known as I-Tips are a prebonded extension attached to the hair with a small plastic bead which comes in various different colours to match clients own hair.
Quick and easy to apply a clamp is then used to keep the extension firmly in place. at the root of natural hair. The tip looks much like a thin shoelace tip, and goes undetected within the hair.
No glue is used in the I Tip process.

How long do they last?
I-tips generally last up to 3-5 months they say.
My hairdresser has explained to me that the hair itself should stay in great condition up to 1 year and I go to her every 8 or 9 weeks for a reapplication which mean they are taken out and reapplied with new beads back up to the root.
A full head of I-tip extensions can take approximately 2 hours to fit.
Removal is quick and simple and involved only the bead being unclamped and the strand slid down the natural hair.
By loosening the bead and drawing it back up the strand the bead can be closed again allowing a further duration of time for the hair to be securely in the client’s hair.
Here is a picture of mine after 4 weeks, still very close and tight to the root....

What can I do and not do with the hair extensions?
Basically you can do anything with them, wash, blow dry, curl, straighten, crimp etc etc.
They key with the microbeads is to care for them.
Good hair products are essential in maintaining the life of your extension this also goes for all types of extensions - clip in/ keratin bonds etc. 

Cost of MicroBead Application?
Cost usually depends on hairdresser, where they get the hair and method.
My were 150€ at start off point that included, hair, application, and hairdresser labour.
I then pay 70€ every 9 weeks for maintance.

I think this is very reasonable mainly because these days hair extensions are defiantly not cheap.
Other methods I have researched:
Great Lengths : 870€ (quote I personal received)
Keratin bonds : 300€ (quote from a different salon)
Microbeads from hairspray brand : 299€

I could not justify paying high cost for this ^


Loréal Ever riche is a new range recently brought out all containing no sulphates which is basically the ingredient that drys the hell out of your hair.
Anything not containing sulphates is ideal for any type of hair extensions
I have found this shampoo and conditioner amazing.

It doesn't dry out your hair, it doesn't leave a residue layer and it smells fab.

I really would recommend this range to anyone who struggles with hair extensions.
It will help to prolong the life of them, keep them shiny and prevent them from tangling.


After I shampoo and condition my hair I towel dry and leave hair turban on my hair for about 10 minutes to allow the towel to soak up wetness on head.
I then apply a hair oil to give shine, hydrate and make it easier to untangle any knots I might get. This is very important as you do not what to be tugging and pulling at your extensions as you will damage the bonds and the roots of the natural hair.


I use Precious Oil from Alparf which is available from salons only as far as I am aware.
The picture above is only a sample size as I am heading away for a few days and bringing the large size just takes up too much space. The retail bottle size is 100mls and is priced at €20.


With outstanding detangling and conditioning properties, this oil guarantees instantly tangle-free and soft, glossy hair that is as light as silk.
It protects the hair shaft and reduces drying and styling times.
Ideal for fine hair.
Apply coin sized amount to palm of hand and apply to wet hair, blow dry as normal.

This is generally all of the information to microbeads and the product care but again if anyone has any question please contact me.
Xx



No comments:

Post a Comment